Religion.jpg

Started by Anders, November 16, 2015, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendly Angel

Quote from: xenu on February 03, 2023, 11:30:12 AMI never liked that survey "No religious Affiliation. It says nothing about if they believe in a god or not. Unless I am not seeing something in the survey

It does seem like the "nones" are packing their numbers by saying "unless you're a member of a church, you're one of us". A better designed survey would be interesting, but people are obviously getting more comfortable with publicly stating they're not explicitly religious.
Amend and resubmit.

Tassie Dave

Quote from: Friendly Angel on February 03, 2023, 11:34:52 AM
Quote from: xenu on February 03, 2023, 11:30:12 AMI never liked that survey "No religious Affiliation. It says nothing about if they believe in a god or not. Unless I am not seeing something in the survey

It does seem like the "nones" are packing their numbers by saying "unless you're a member of a church, you're one of us". A better designed survey would be interesting, but people are obviously getting more comfortable with publicly stating they're not explicitly religious.

It is the same in the Australian Census, which has had a question on Religiosity in every Census. But only since 1971 has there been a specific box for "No Religion"

Very slowly have people become comfortable in marking that box.
In 2021 "No Religion" accounted for 38.9%. The highest figure for any "Religion" in the Census. Catholics were next best at 20.0%

My own State recorded 49.9% as "No Religion".

Shibboleth

Quote from: arthwollipot on January 30, 2023, 07:23:51 PM
Quote from: Shibboleth on January 30, 2023, 11:03:40 AMI honesty do not know. I didn't know that Noah had a mutated club arm either.

...er, that's his sleeve.

He should stop wearing flesh-colored robes. It could get him in trouble.

SodaAnt

Shibboleth

I didn't know that oxygen was blue.

Desert Fox

Quote from: Shibboleth on April 03, 2023, 12:35:12 PMI didn't know that oxygen was blue.

It appears to be blue
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_oxygen

Also
https://www.vedantu.com/question-answer/color-of-liquid-oxygen-apale-blue-color-class-12-chemistry-cbse-5fc6ec2d1474a12252544f23

QuoteLiquid oxygen is around a thousand times denser than gaseous oxygen. It is highly used in the science and medical sectors. It is nonflammable and extremely cold. The oxygen that has been compressed into liquid form is known as liquid oxygen. It contains two unpaired electrons due to which it is highly paramagnetic in nature. The two unpaired electrons create magnetic asymmetry due to which red light is absorbed in the visible spectrum. Due to absorption of red color, the characteristic color of liquid oxygen becomes pale blue.
Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain

SodaAnt

SodaAnt

Awatsjr

... at a big 5-3/4%

SodaAnt

SodaAnt

SodaAnt

SodaAnt

SodaAnt